The DSM-CC code that is driving several of our products (MPEG-Analyzer, MHEG-5 engine etc.) is also available for licensing by 3rd-parties. The code is written in portable ANSI-C and there is a clear separation between the data carousel code and the object carousel code. Multiple carousels can be mounted/used independently of each other.
- ISO/IEC 13818-1 (MPEG2 - Systems)
- ISO/IEC 13818-6 (MPEG2 - DSM-CC)
- EN 301 192 (Specification for data broadcasting)
- ES 201 812 V1.1.1 (Multimedia Home Platform 1.0.3)
- ISO/IEC 13522-5 (MHEG-5)
- ETSI TS 102 796 V1.1.1 (HBBTV)
- TS 102 006 V1.3.2 Specification for System Software Update in DVB Systems
Optimized for top-performance
The DSM-CC code has been optimized for top performance. DDBs that are received out of sequence due to reception problems or transmission errors are required as far as possible. RAM-based caching is performed as far as permitted by the relevant specifications.
The software has already been deployed on thousands of HBBTV and MHEG-5 capable receivers. Dynamically changing carousels including stream events are fully supported.
How to buy
If you are interested in licensing our DSM-CC client stack, please contact us.
DSM-CC carousel generators
We also have DSM-CC generation and playout software for DVB-SSU and generic object carousels.